The Portsmouth Music Scene
From the pages of the Portsmouth Eveneing News, 15th August 1935
The Roseberry Hall, in recent years was know as the Liberal Club.
The Kingsley Hall was situated on the corner of Fawcett Road and Heyward Road close to the Fawcett Inn.
The Tramway Hall was in Stubbington Avenue, directly behind Whites,
but the area is now a service raod to the back of shos in London Road North End.
Murdochs and Godfreys were two of the best known local retailers of pianos, and many homes had one.